Envío Rápido y Gratuito Desde Florida, EE. UU.

About Sterling Silver

Our silver necklaces and pendants are made of 925 sterling silver and not just silver plating. We do not use rhodium or platinum plating on our sterling silver. It is common for companies to promote "sterling silver" jewelry when in fact they are actually selling some sort of metal alloy with silver, rhodium, or platinum plating. These types of plating can give a very appealing look at first but once the plating erodes over time, the alloy underneath will tarnish quickly, lose its shine and integrity and become worthless.  

Pure silver is made up of 99.9% silver and is a very soft metal in its pure form. It is so soft that it can not be used for making jewelry. Instead, other types of metals are needed to mix with silver to make it harder yet still malleable and thus fit for making jewelry. The most common types of metal used to mix with silver are either copper, zinc or nickel. The number 925 written in front of sterling silver indicates the purity of the silver : 92.5%. The other 7.5% is made of either copper, zinc or nickel. Another type of silver and alloy mix is called "coin silver" which only consists of 90% silver. Sterling silver is marked or stamped 925, .925 or 92.5. Jewelry with lower purity is not considered sterling silver by U.S. standards.

How do I clean my sterling silver necklace and charms? 

Silver, with all its brilliance and luster, is a beautiful and obviously a very popular metal used for jewelry making. However, silver is not completely tarnish free. The good news is that caring for your silver and taking measures to reduce possible tarnishing is simple! You can easily clean your sterling silver necklace and pendant so that it keeps its beautiful shine and luster. 

When oxygen and sulfur come in contact with silver over time, they chemically bond to its surface causing the silver to eventually look "dirty" or somewhat discolored. This chemical reaction is called oxidation.  Wearing your jewelry often is one way to keep your silver looking beautiful. The natural oils in your skin will prevent the oxidation of the silver and help maintain it's beautiful shiny appearance. It is also important to avoid exposure to chlorinated water or any chemicals that contain sulfur. Cosmetics, lotions, hair products, and even sweat can also accelerate tarnishing. If you notice any sign of tarnishing, simply use a non-abrasive cloth and gently rub the silver with long back and forth strokes to return it to its beautiful brilliance and luster. 

Open drop down